How do I protect my invention outside the U.S.?

Since the rights granted by a U.S. patent extend only throughout the territory of the United States and have no effect in a foreign country, an inventor who wishes patent protection an another country must apply for a patent in a specific country or in regional patent offices. Applicants may wish to consider the filing of an international application under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT). An international (PCT) application generally has the same effect as a regular national patent application in each PCT member country. The PCT process simplifies the filing of patent applications on the same invention in member countries, but does not result in a grant of an "international patent" and does not eliminate the need of applicants to file additional documents and fees in countries where patent protection is desired.
Patent Firm's Servicespatent attorney, Rhode island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Fall River, Southern Mass, invention patents, copyright, trademark,internet law, cyber law, Connecticut, New York, California, patent attorney, inventions, patent attorneys, MA, CT, NY, CA, software patent, trademark, copyright, intellectual property, business method patent, inventors, patent search, PCT, international patents